Wilkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome!


Wilkommen, bienvenue, welcome!
Fremde, etranger, stranger.
Gluklich zu sehen, je suis enchante, 
Happy to see you, bleibe, reste, stay... 
                           -Cabaret

Hello, and welcome back! Or if you are a new reader, welcome and hope you'll stay with us!

I'd like to introduce readers to my blog and its purpose. First and foremost, this blog will act as a platform for a variety of topics that I hold dear. The following list is but a nutshell of what might be covered on this blog:


  • Writing Life (I'm a raconteur - one who tells stories). 
  • Literature (I specialize in children's and young adult literature but oftentimes wander off course to peruse "grown-up" books). 
  • Theatre (I love attending the theatre, and have plenty of stories to share re: accessibility for Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deafblind audiences). 
  • Music (Being Deaf, it can appear as a paradox that I should love music - but I do. Broadway, Disney, the Blues Brothers, etc are the types of music I especially enjoy). 
  • Deafness (Being Deaf myself, this topic holds my interest across many levels, from personal experiences to hot topics currently up for debate in the Deaf community). 
  • Film (I adore watching movies and analyzing them, and researching up background information on the production of the film itself). 
  • Accessibility (What does access mean? How can we strive for equal access so that Deaf/ Hard of Hearing/ Deafblind individuals may pursue a life that is equal to that of their peers?)
  • Interesting but Useless (or Useful) Bits of Trivia (I coach the University of Minnesota College Bowl team and am on the search for trivia to add to our Factoids Bank, and some trivia bits are just too splendid not to share with everyone). 
  • Miscellaneous (Anything that YOU, as the reader, would like to see discussed or covered on this blog? Please do feel free to share!)
In addition to the main writing space, there is a bar with four tabs across the top which will take readers to a new page. They are: 
  • Bookworm: I'm an avid reader, and here is where one will find the book I'm currently reading as well as suggested and favorited books. 
  • Theatre Aficionado: Are you Deaf, Hard of Hearing, or Deafblind, or know someone who is? Want to go to the theatre but don't know where to find sign language interpreted or open captioned performances? I've got a list of websites that will help theatregoers find a show. Know of another one that isn't on the list? Please do send along the link and I would be more than happy to add it to the list. 
  • Inky Fingers: As a writer, I'm always on the lookout for more great resources to improve my skills as a writer, and hope these resources will be helpful for those aspiring writers (or readers) out there!
  • Publications: Always looking to the future, I've added the Publications tab as a gathering place for my published articles and papers. I'm currently working on several fiction works, and hope to add them to this tab in the near future. 
Please do feel free to subscribe to this blog. There are several options in doing to ensure that you, the reader, will not miss out anything! 
  • Google+ : There is a direct link on the bottom of each post that says "Subscribe". Go ahead, and click. You know you want to. 
  • Facebook: Don't have a RSS feed yourself? Prefer to get updates through the Facebook page? Here's the link to the Facebook page for "The Creative Pensieve":  https://www.facebook.com/thecreativepensieve
  • Twitter: Short on time and always on the go? Follow on Twitter: @TCPensieve . Bonus tweets might cover things that might not show up on this blog proper :) 
  • E-mail: There is a little form to the right that will allow readers to keep posted of new articles via e-mail. 
I hope to see more followers in the near future. Thank you to all the readers that have already subscribed, hopefully you'll all stick around for good. 

Comments

Popular Posts